Legal Waiver and Disclaimer
This is a legal document, please be sure to read and understand this document before you print it and sign it.
The recipes, information and recommendations in Makessence classes/events are only intended as informative guides for those wishing to know more about natural skin care alternatives. In no way are the classes/events intended to replace, countermand, or conflict with the advice given to you by your own physician. The ultimate decision concerning your care should be made between you and your doctor. Makessence and Magdalena Mak strongly recommend you follow his or her advice at all times. Information presented in Magdalena Mak’s and Makessence classes/events and in all materials/handouts is general and is offered with no guarantees on the part of Magdalena Mak and Makessence. Magdalena Mak and Makessence disclaim all liability in connection with the attendance of this class.
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in Magdalena Mak and Makessence classes and events, the recipient and sufficiency which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1. I confirm that my participation in the classes/events is voluntary. I am in good health and suffer from no physical or mental condition that would make me especially susceptible to injury or illness while participating in the cooking classes/events, except as otherwise disclosed to Magdalena Mak and Makessence.
2. I understand that:
(a) it is my responsibility to inform Magdalena Mak and Makessence of any allergies and special needs that I may have, prior to my participation in the cooking class(es)/events;
(b) events and activities such as classes by Magdalena Mak and Makessence have certain risks, dangers and hazards (“Risks”) and I assume full responsibility for all such Risks associated therewith and for any and all liability, injury, loss or damage which I may suffer or incur or cause to others or property as a result of my participation in the classes.
(c) alcohol may be used or consumed during the classes/events and that the consumption of alcohol may exacerbate the Risks and I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage that may arise from the consumption of alcohol.
3. I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Magdalena Mak and Makessence and its affiliated entities, parent companies, subsidiaries, employees, partners, officers, directors, managers and insurers (the “Releases”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including, without limiting to, solicitor/client fees) for any injuries, losses or damages in any way arising out of my participation in the classes.
4. I agree to defend and indemnify the Releases from any and all claims of any kind whatsoever and in any way arising out of my participation in the classes and events.
5. This Waiver shall ensure and be binding on my heirs, beneficiaries, personal representatives, and assigns.
6. If any provision of this Waiver is for any reason declared to be invalid or enforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected.
This is a waiver and release of liability. I acknowledge that I have read and understand this document, that I am waiving certain legal rights which I or my heirs, next-of-kin, executors, administrators, assigns, and other representatives may have against Magdalena Mak and Makessence.ca and that I am providing a release of liability for Magdalena Mak and Makessence and its agents and affiliated entities
PHOTO RELEASE: Magdalena Mak and Makessence.ca reserves the right to take photographic or ﬁlm records of any of its programs and events, and may use any such photographic or ﬁlm records for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration to the student/participant. The student agrees to assign all right, title and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to Makessence.ca.
When You Enroll and Pay For a Makessence.ca Classes or Event You Agree To The Above Waiver and to the Terms and Conditions listed on our website under “Disclaimer”.
FULL NAME SIGNATURE
--------------------------------------,---------------, Ontario, Canada
ADDRESS OF THE CLASS